Since few years, Dental Implants in India are on the rise. An implant is one of the ways to replace a missing tooth. It’s a surgical fixture that is placed into the jawbone and allowed to fuse with the bone. The implanted tooth acts like a natural tooth when chewing, brushing or smiling. The implant replaces the actual root of the missing tooth and heals in the bone for several months and then place an abutment, to which a crown will be cemented. Most dental implants are made of titanium, which allows them to integrate with bone without being recognized as a foreign object in our body.
A major advantage is, no need to alter any other teeth when placing an implant. When smiling or talking there is no way to tell the difference between an implant and a natural tooth.
For dental implants, deciding on which option to choose depends on many factors:
- location of missing tooth or teeth,
- quantity and quality of the jawbone where the dental implant is to be placed,
- health of the patient,
- cost, and
- patient preference.
Our dental surgeon/Implantologist at Aesthetic Smiles India can examine the area to be considered for the dental implant and makes a clinical assessment of whether the patient is a good candidate for a dental implant.
Types of Dental Implants
- Endosteal: Typically made of titanium, endosteal implants are the most commonly used dental implant. They’re usually shaped like small screws and are placed in the jawbone. They protrude through the gum to hold the replacement tooth.
- Subperiosteal: you need dental implants but you don’t have enough healthy jawbone to support them, our dentist might recommend subperiosteal implants. These implants are placed on or above the jawbone and under the gum to protrude through the gum, holding the replacement tooth.
Please consult with our one of the best dentists in Mumbai for the type of dental implant you may require.
With technological advancements, CAD CAM components and digital libraries enable dentists and dental technicians to design and manufacture state-of-the-art restorations using current and up-to-date digital restoration processes.
At Aesthetic Smiles, the best dental clinic in Mumbai, the availability of variety of components ensure endless restorative options for treatment of single, partially, or full edentulous cases.
Advantages of Dental Implants
- Dental implants are conservative in that missing teeth can be replaced without affecting or altering the adjacent teeth.
- Dental implants integrate into the bone structure, they are very stable and can have the look and feel of one’s own natural teeth.
Dental Implant Cost in Mumbai
The cost may vary from place to place but in general, it ranges from Rs. 20k-60k for a single tooth. Full mouth dental implant cost may vary compared to single tooth implant cost. Again, exact cost can only be determined post dental check by your dentist. So if you are looking for Dental Implant in Mumbai for your missing tooth, you can call one of the top dental clinics in Mumbai – Aesthetic Smiles India.