How are Dental Veneers different from Dental Crowns
Dental Veneers and Dental Crowns perform the same job of a dental restoration. An experienced dentist adds the covering to the existing tooth and provides elegant looks to the affected teeth in both forms. However, the difference between the two lies in the following aspects:
- How much do the dentists grind the original tooth?
- How much thick is the material?
- How much coverage can it give to the tooth?
Are you looking forward to improving the appearance of your smile? A cosmetic dentist provides you with dental treatment, working on your teeth, gums, and bite. You can find a cosmetic dentist in Mumbai who can help you to get a radiant smile.
How do you differentiate between a dental crown & a dental veneer?
- Shape: Dental Veneer comes to you in a thin shell, restricted to front tooth coverage. The Dental crown comes to you in three-dimensional restoration with a similar size & shape. They cover the front tooth as well as the back tooth.
- Purpose: Veneers are used purely for cosmetic purposes and if you are looking fora brighter & attractive smile apart from the coverage of stains, oddly shaped, or crooked teeth. Dental crowns come to you in cosmetic and restorative forms, which help the damaged tooth regain its strength & functionality and improve your smile. If you are a celebrity, then you can get in touch with a celebrity dentist in Mumbai.
- Timing: It would take fewer visits to get a dental veneer as the teeth would get ready for the patient at the first visit after which, they make the teeth impression & select the appropriate shade. The lab would design the veneers & send them to the dentist & the latter would check & attach the dental veneers. When it comes to making a dental crown, it might take more than 2 sittings. Timing is something even the top dentist in Mumbai would depend on the dental lab they work with.
- Cost: Whether you go for dental veneers or crowns, the variations of cost calculation would depend on the treatment’s complexity. The tooth cap price in Mumbai starts at the range from Rs 5000, depending on the number of teeth, quality, durability, & the amount of guarantee. If you prefer veneers over the crowns, the teeth veneers cost in India will vary from one type to another. However, if you opt for porcelain veneers, it would range from Rs. 8,000 to Rs. 15,000, depending on factors like the number of teeth & the veneer’s quality and many more factors.
- Enamel removal: A dental veneer would require a minimal enamel remover before bonding them to a thin ceramic level. The dental crowns are more robust & durable though they require more enamel removal than veneers.
However, it would be better for the dentists to decide whether you require dental veneers or dental crowns.
If you have settled abroad & seeking dental treatment in India, you can find the best cosmetic dental clinic in India using a smartphone or tablet while you travel.